You can now buy cannabis seeds in the state of Maine. If you do not happen to know yet, Maine is now one of the states in the US that allows marijuana use for both recreational and medical purposes. That said, you are not only allowed to use recreational and medical marijuana but also grow your own cannabis seeds as swell.
Maine Seed Bank
Of course, the best way for you to get your own cannabis seeds in that state is to buy them from marijuana seed banks in Maine. There are plenty of marijuana seed bank options for you in Maine and each one of those seed banks offers you strains that are not only high in terms of quality but are also the best in overall attributes. On top of that, you have plenty of seeds and strains to choose from.
But before we get there, let us first try to know more about marijuana seed cultivation in Maine here are some quick facts about it:
- You are only allowed to grow and use marijuana in Maine so long as you are at least 21 years of age. That is usually the minimum legal age in most states all over the US when it comes to cannabis use and cultivation (probably with the exception of those who need marijuana for medical purposes).
- Unlike in other states, you can possess an unlimited number of seedlings when you are in Maine. That means that you can germinate as many marijuana seeds as you want so long as they are mere seedlings. In this case, seedlings are marijuana plants that are not taller than 24 inches and not wider than 18 inches.
- The number of immature plants you can hold in Maine should not be more than 12. What this means is that, if your seedlings have grown to become immature plants in the middle of their vegetative state, you can only hold a maximum of 12 of them. So, from an unlimited number of seedlings, you have to cut it down to 12 immature plants. Applied in this case, immature plants are those that are taller than 24 inches and wider than 18 inches but are not yet producing buds.
- Once your immature marijuana plants start to move from the vegetative stage to the flowering phase, the 12 plants that you have should be decreased to only three flowering cannabis. That means that you are not allowed to have more than three of your marijuana plants in the flowering stage. If you do not want to trigger the flowering stage of your immature plants, try to control their photoperiod.
- You are not allowed to hold any other weed in your house other than the ones you harvested from the three plants that you cultivated. The one thing you should also consider here is that you must also make sure that you have already consumed the weed you kept from the last harvest. Again, you can only keep the weed you got from the three most recent flowering cannabis plants that you cultivated.
- All plants must be grown only in your residence. You are not allowed to do so in your office or in any other private non-residential lot that you own. However, if you are merely renting your home, you have to make sure with your landlord if you can cultivate marijuana plants. Check the lease contract or ask him or her yourself to remove any doubts.
- When growing your cannabis plants indoors, it must be done within your residence and not in any other place for that matter. What that simply means is that you are not allowed to do any indoor growing anywhere other than your home.
- When growing outdoors, make sure that your cannabis plants are not visible to the general public. Visibility here means that it must not be obvious to anyone passing by your residence. Also, visibility also means that your plants should not be visible to the naked eye in the sense that it is okay for them to be seen if someone needs to use binoculars to your cannabis plants.
- You can also grow outdoors in a friend’s lot provided that you ask permission from him or her and that it is still subject to the rules on visibility.
- You have to tag your marijuana plants by writing your name and your driver’s license number on the tags. You also have to tag them with their own identification numbers. You have to be a resident of Maine to be able to do this. If you are merely temporarily staying in Maine, you are not allowed to cultivate marijuana.
The most popular marijuana strains you can get from Maine Seed bank
Blueberry is a strain that everybody loves no matter where it is from and no matter where the person is. That is because it has the great sweet flavor of blueberries and the lovely and relaxing effects of a fantastic Indica strain.
Blue Dream is the result of the combination of Blueberry and Amnesia Haze. This hybrid strain carries the same blueberry-like flavors you can get from Blueberry but also has the Sativa properties you can get from Amnesia Haze.
3. Yoda OG
Yoda OG or Yoda Kush comes from the OG Kush line of cannabis. It is a very popular strain in the state of Maine and has the citrus and skunky earthiness that will remind you of the forests you can find in Maine.
4. Sour Diesel
When it comes to strains with a great pungent and fuel-like aroma and flavor, few can match Sour Diesel. Despite that kind of an aroma and flavor profile, this strain is pretty popular in Maine precisely because of how its sativa-leaning effects can energize both the mind and the body while giving you a mild relaxed feeling.
Chocolope is a very strong Sativa that is popular in Maine because of the large buds that it produces. Of course, everyone loves how complex its flavors are because of how it mixes the taste of coffee, earthiness, and fruit all in one package.